Saturday, August 26, 2006

Saying good-bye to summer!

Last night was my last night of work at the centre. It was sad; I’m really going to miss everyone when I go back to school! To mark the end of another summer the entire staff went out last night for dinner. We are split up in different centers all around the city, so it was fun having everyone together again!
Tonight we’ve got company coming for dinner so my family has spent the day getting ready. I worked last night, then had the dinner (which went late into the evening) and now I’ve got to help get ready for supper, so I feel as though I’ve been neglecting my devotions.
This afternoon I took my cat to the vet. He was so bad! He hates it when he has to go though, and I really don’t blame him! He got a clean bill of health, except he might have a thyroid condition so we have to take him back for blood tests. Since he turned 10 this year, he’s now considered geriatric, which makes me sad- it feels like I just got him! The appointment before us ran late because the woman had to put down her cat so she was crying and it made me cry! This is exactly why I gave up on being a vet- I can’t handle pets dying. Blood, surgery…none of that bothers me; putting down a pet, I think I’d be crying harder than the owners!
For my daily verse, I’m going to return to Matthew (the book I’ve been studying):

Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God’”.
- Matthew 4:4

Definitely something to think about in the week to come!

Hope you all have a safe and fun-filled week-end-

*L

1 comment:

Terry said...

Dear Lauren-Mary..

I don't LIKE saying good-bye and that includes saying good-bye to summer because although I DO like the fall, I must say I don't care too much for the winter..
Too cold for my old bones!!

I feel bad about your cat but you know this is not such a small matter that you can't pray to the Lord for.

I remember one of the preachers [and he was a big and strong burly man] telling us one time from the pulpit that no prayer request to God is too small, and then he gave us the example:

"You know my dog was sick this morning when I left home and I was worried about him and I just put the matter into the Lord's hands and prayed for that little dog.
And I surely know that the Lord heard me"..

I NEVER forgot what Mr. Pearcy said and have had to use it myself when my big kitty, "Sir Galahad was lost once in the dead of of the night!!
He had snuck out in the middle of the night, he had!

Ha! He WAS lost and then was found after I phoned my mom at 2 in the morning , no less to pray for us as we went out into the darkness to look for that bad boy!!

And he was a black cat..
Talk about looking for a needle in a hay stack!

Proverbs 12:10..."A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast:

Have a happy Sunday... love Terry