Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Pity party- table of one!

Today got off to an interesting start. I slept in today, so around 10 I went to get the mail in my pj’s (the mailbox is right outside the front door). As I was grabbing the mail, out of the corner of my eye I saw someone walk past. The person stopped, and then I heard someone say “Lauren?”. “Oh no” was my only thought. It was a guy I went to elementary and high school with, and we’ve bumped in to each other a few times since then, but I haven’t seen him in a year. He was out walking his dog, and looked very good (he been working out!). Likes to be active? Check. Likes animals? Check. Nice and funny? Check. Christian? No really sure (all this engagement stuff has gone to my head!). I was IN MY PJ’S!!!! I was so embarrassed! He was really good about it though (I mean, we’ve went to school together for eight years, so I’m sure he’s seen me do my fair share of stupid things). I got his new number, so I’m hoping we can get together and catch up before I go back to school. I’m still embarrassed though; I can feel myself blushing as I think about it!
After reading over yesterday’s post, I realized that I sound like such a whiner! I felt worse when I was reminded about how some people have no choice but to scavenge in dumpsters (there was an entry on David Fisher’s blog on this topic). Sigh- hasn’t that ever happened to anyone? When you feel like everything is falling apart and then you realize just how lucky you really have it?
I categorize my favourite verses in a book my grandmother gave me, so I think I’m going to start a new category and call it “pity party”, and include my verse for today:

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
- Matthew 10:29-31

Whenever I start to feel overwhelmed, instead of posting another whiny post, I’ll re-read this verse and remember that the Lord loves me, so much that he knows the number of hairs on my head!

In His Love-

*L

1 comment:

Terry said...

Ha!! Lauren-Mary..
The first time I met Bernie, my husband, I had a whole head of pink rollers in my hair...
My brother was bringing him over to listen to some records because his record player was broken and I was the unfortunate one to open the door, but I guess it was love at first sight, although he DID tell me later that if he had seen Betty first, he would have fallen for her because she was prettier!!!
The nerve!!
He said now that he is glad he didn't!!

Hmmm...What color were you PJs!! Ha!!!
And as for blushing..that is a dying art!! You are so fortunate you can still blush!!!

I lOVE that verse about the sparrows.!

For HIS eye is on the sparrow and I KNOW he watches me!!!

David Fisher is certainly a blessing to us all...Love Terry