Sunday, August 13, 2006

No eye has seen, no ear has heard

Today, as it is Sunday, was a church day. The message today was on being united as believers, and the importance of fellowship. I truly believe that the best earthly support system for a Christian comes from friends. I know I am very lucky to have been blessed with a best friend who is a solid Christian. Together we have had many amazing talks, and I have really felt our relationship with each other grow through Christ, and our respective relationships with Christ have also grown. I know that one of my biggest hurdles at school is a lack of a solid group of Christians. In my first year I made friends with some girls who claimed to be Christians, but one got trapped up in the boozing world that is "residence life" and the other one is what I refer to as a "Sunday Christian". Monday through Saturday she acts very much like a non-believer, yet every Sunday is in the church right beside me. During a lunch together last year, I tried to tip-toe around the subject of her behaviour, to which she replied "I know, but that's the great thing about going to church- I feel so much better about all that when I leave. It's like I've been forgiven". God blesses us with many people in our lives who are willing to help us with our relationship with Christ, and there are days when I get very discouraged that I have an apparent lack. I believe that God will provide, and that He knows what is in my heart, so I have faith. I ask for prayers for my best friend (Chelsea), for my two friends at school, and for myself.

Also today, as I flipped through my Bible, I noticed an awful lot of green! Black and red are the standard colours of a Bible, so I'm sure many of you may be wondering what green is doing in there! I'm for sure a Type A person, so I love to colour-coordinate everything. A few years back I decided that every verse that I read that impacted me, or truly spoke to me, would be highlighted or underlined in green. I read over a few "green verses" while I waited for the meeting to start, and I found one that I think I'll make my verse for the day:

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him".
- 1 Corinthians 2:9

I picked this verse today because it was welcome thing to read after all my worries about staying a strong Christian, especially in environments that I find myself in that are not very supportive of my choice.

May you all have a safe week, and remember that God has great plans for all of us who love Him!

In Christ;

*L

1 comment:

Lester said...

hey Lauren
Keep up yopur determination of growing as a christian..dnt give up
All the best and God bless u..