Saturday, August 19, 2006

Countdown to classes!

Well, the chaos before classes has officially begun! I got an e-mail from the school saying that one of my classes (one of the mandatory ones, of course) has been moved to a new time, which interferes with an elective. All of the other electives which I can take require me to switch around even more classes. It's a vicious never-ending circle! I'm going to make this short, so I can switch around some more classes before my Internet connection dies again. (Of course, it would have to happen at a crucial time of the year).
The basketball tournament was an over-all success. Our centre entered two teams, and they each won one game and lost another. A few kids have some issues with anger and self-control (one kid actually tried to set the building on fire and another was kicked out last year for stabbing someone- no joke, these families need our prayers), and I was very proud of them for handling both their victories and defeats very well. We took them out for a treat afterwards, which was almost as fun as the tournament itself! Diane came to cheer our teams on, and I took her to get her face painted. A good friend of mine works at another centre in the area and her centre entered a team. We had a few minutes alone, so it was good to catch up with her.
On another positive note, my best friend has come back from her trip, so we have a breakfast date on Monday. We both have so much to talk about, and we both are in big need of each other's support, so I'm actually looking forward to Monday!
Well, I'm off to work on the disaster that is my class schedule, but hopefully with any luck I'll be able to post something of actual substance later tonight.
Since I mentioned before that my devotions don't usual involve my three "favourite" books, I decided to spend some time reading through them today, and I found yet another "green" verse that I love:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
- Proverbs 3:5-6

In Christ;

*L

3 comments:

Terry said...

Dear Lauren-Mary..I always come to look at your blog and thouroughly enjoy it...

I just got back from taking my mom and my aunt to London and I am so tired.
I don't think I can take anymore of these long trips.
I was amost falling asleep at the wheel on my way back!!

Anyways I am going to comment on this ANOTHER splendid letter that you have posted, tomorrow when my eyes are a bit more opened!! Love Terry

Bless that little Dianne, eh? She sounds like a little sweetheart!!
She is lucky to have you for a friend.
It is something she will never forget!!

Terry said...

I said I would come back and comment on this posting Lauren.

I just loved it when September came and all the stores were selling the school supplies.
That was always my favorite part of the school year..
Starting out with a clean slate!!
Too bad it never lasted the whole year for me..Ha!!

Here is a verse that one of my Christian Pentecostal friends had written on her school book...She was a great testimony to me..
I wasn't saved at the time and I had a great respect for her..

2 Timothy 2:15..."Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."........Love Terry

Lauren-Mary said...

That's such a great verse Terry! I remember memorizing it when I was younger, but I hadn't really thought about it lately. I'll have to keep it in mind as my (last!)school year starts.