Saturday, October 28, 2006

A constant friend

Even though I'm posting after midnight, I'll admit to procrastinating tonight, and I'll consider this Friday's post!

I was flipping through channels (all three that I get!) today when I came across an interview with Mary J. Blige. I've heard her music a lot, but I never really knew a lot about her, so I listened to the show. She was talking about how she overcame addiction and found the Lord. The most interesting part was when she talked about how none of her friends understood her faith, and a lot of them mocked her, and for a while she was without any friends at all until she was able to find fellowship with other Christians. When the interviewer asked her if this was hard, she quoted Job 33:4: "The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life". Hearing her speak so candidly about how hard it was to go from non-believer to believer was really neat to listen to.
I thought more about how so many friends don't understand our beliefs, and so I did some research in the Bible and found:
"A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother".
- Proverbs 18:24

How lucky we are that in good times and in bad, the Lord is always at our side.

It's getting late so I'm headed off to bed, but since I'm incredibly far behind in my blog readings, I'll do that tomorrow!

Love In Christ-

*L

5 comments:

Terry said...

In good times and in bad...That really hits the mark tonight Lauren-mary...Love Terry

Laura said...

Well Hi there Lauren-Mary! Thank You for checking out my blog! I just finished reading yours and I will definetely be bookmarking it! What university are you at??

Take Care,

LP

Terry said...

Hey girls!! I guess the Fisher Conection is getting bigger and bigger everday, eh? That is just alright!!
Now I promised I would be reading your blog Lauramae,pretty name!!
but it won't be until probably tomorrow as I just came home from working a few hours ago...but hooray..We get to sleep an extra hour tonight!!

Hi Lauren-mary..Hope you have survived from your holiday to Ottawa!!
Take care and have a blessed Lord'd Day!!...Love Terry

PS...MORE pictures!! Did you see that little Lucky Jack on my blog site? What a little sweetie he is and he is as good as gold, I just know it!....Love Terry

Good night to the double "L's and M"'s...

Terry said...

Oh boy it IS too late at night. Please excuse all my spelling errors....Love Terry

Noel said...

Hi Lauren.
Just catching up on some blogs. Thought I'd drop by and say Hello. Hope you have an outstanding week.

Noel.