Thursday, October 05, 2006

Front page!

I'm sitting here in the computer lab on campus writing this. My poor little laptop has died again, and has been sleeping over in the tech room for the past two days (which is why I once again haven't been posting). Fingers crossed it gets fixed by tomorrow so I'll have it for the Thanksgiving week-end.
Today definitely had it's ups and downs. I'm one of those people that hates to fight with other people and I usually put up with a lot- it takes a lot to make me lose it. The girl that lives across the hall from me has been making my life difficult for the past year, and today she just took things way too far and I lost it. I really hate stupid people! So, now I have that situation to deal with.
I feel awful about venting about my across-the-hall issue, because it seems like lately everyone has been having a hard time. The other night I stayed up really late talking to a friend from back home about some issues she's going through, and then another one of my friends up here has been going through some things to. She actually is a "Sunday Christian", so our conversations have touched on religion. I'm praying that the Lord will help me say the right things. Please pray for Nat and Elaine.
On the good news side: the campus newspaper came out today and the feature story on the men's soccer team I was working on made...front page, above the fold!!!! I had no idea that was going to happen until I got to the office this morning, and it was definitely a welcome surprise!
Well, it's getting late and the game is over, which means it's time for me to head home. Hopefully tomorrow will bring more of the good news and less of the bad news (and hopefully I'll be typing this on my own laptop!).

The Lord upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down.
- Psalms 145:14

Love In Christ;
*L

2 comments:

Terry said...

Funny how you really miss something when you don't have it,eh Lauren-Mary?
I know when I go to Katy's and have no computer to write on and check up on my friends that it is really hard.
Sure I can take Bernie's lap top to make cds and dvds, and even take my printer to make pictures for people but I DO miss that internet connection!

It is so nice that you were on front page coverage of the newspaper.
Something about seeing your own name in print![and such a pretty name at that!]
Any way we can read it on line?

Well have a Happy Thanksgiving my little friend...Love Terry

Computerless! Oh..the agony of it!!

Lauren-Mary said...

Hi Terry-

I don't know if you can read it online- I never thought to ask! I'll find out.
Thanks for your comments- I always love reading them!

*L