Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I'm still alive!

Well, I've crawled out from the woodwork and am ready to post again! Apparently my sister has declared a monopoly on the one and only computer that we have at home. (I guess that's what happens when you leave home!). I've only had time to do a quick check on my e-mails, but my sister just left to go babysitting, so I've seized my moment of opportunity.
Today is my last day of real "vacation". I've got interviews booked solid tomorrow, and a deadline for the paper on Friday, so it's back to work for me tomorrow. Apart from getting together with some friends on Saturday night for the hockey game, I've been anti-social for the past few days. I've spent my time lounging around and reading (not a textbook, which is a welcome change!). Oh well, I suppose everyone deserves a break here and there!
Sunday I went to my church here at home, and it was nice to be back. A local missionary spoke, and it reminded me of how important it is for us to pray for all the missionaries and the work they're doing. For about a year now my grandmother has been sick, but up until then we used to have a family tradition where she would make a big lunch after church and we would spend the afternoon talking and discussing any new events in our lives. This past Sunday was the first time we've had a chance to do that in a year. I was so thankful that she was feeling well enough, because that was the only Sunday I'm going to be home until Christmas.

I'm taking the midnight bus back to school tonight, so I've got to run and pack up (it just feels like I was packing to come home- time goes by too quickly!).

Love In Christ;

*L

1 comment:

Terry said...

Dear Lauren-mary

I am glad you ARE still alive!

I haven't been able to really write until now because I just put 23 hours of work at Katy's.
It is not hard work but I don't have access to my computer and to my friends.

I am glad that you had a good time in Ottawa.
Were you able to get any nice pictures of the leaves or were already gone?
I remember that by the time school was starting in September , the leaves had already fallen.

I was just looking at the picture of you and Diane again.
She has such a sweet look on here pretty little face.
Happy and yet wistful at the same time.
As far as your looking old enough, Lauren-mary to be her mother...NO WAY!!
Although if I had such beautiful hair as you do, I would surely be wearing it down!
By the way when people see me and Bernie together, they alway think that I am the mother!
And Bernie is three months OLDER!!
He just has never aged! Ha!!!...Take care my friend.... Love Terry