Thursday, September 14, 2006

You'll be strong because He walks with you

Ever had one of those conversations that leave you shaking your head and wondering what just happened? I had one of those yesterday with my former boss from the club. I was leaving my lab class yesterday with my friend Jaimie and realized my boss was walking about 30 feet in front of us. I really wasn't in the mood to deal with the whole situation of me not coaching anymore, so I told Jaimie I was going to walk around the back of the building and meet her at the front. I know, I know, it sounds crazy, but it was at the end of a long day and I just wanted to go home, not deal with the coaching .... fiasco, for lack of a better word! The plan totally backfired though, because when I went to meet Jaimie at the front, my boss was standing there talking to her! Long story short, he asked me to come back as a supply coach, and of course I said yes because I loved that job. Then, he started to talk about how my assistant from last year (who has replaced me this year) might not be doing a good job and how he plans on being stricter this year, and the new coach might not last the year so I should be prepared to possibly come back. So of course, my immediate reaction is to think "well, if you think you're going to demote him, why not just hire me back now?". It was such a random, confusing conversation!

Last night I continued to pray about everything and I started to think about how no matter how many confusing, frustrating and random conversations we can have during the day, there's always a perfect conversation with our Lord, ready for us at anytime. It reminds me of a song I used to sing in Sunday School:

Have you talked to God above
Told Him that you need a friend to love
Pray in Jesus name believing
That God answers prayer
Have you told Him of your cares and woes
Every tiny little fear He knows
You can know He'll always hear and
He can know your thoughts
On a lofty mountain peak, He's there
In a shadow by the stream, He's there
Anywhere on earth you go
He's been there from the start
Find the answer in His word, it's true
You'll be strong because He walks with you
By His faithfulness He'll change you too
God answers prayer

I haven't sung that in ages; I can't believe I still know the words!

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
- Philippians 4:6

Love In Christ;

*L

4 comments:

Terry said...

Dear Lauren-mary..Lots of times He just carries us in his arms!!!Love Terry

Noel said...

Is there a CD where that song may be in? I'm curious how it sounds. The words are perfect to sing to my daughter. Please let me know.
Thanks...

Lauren-Mary said...

Hi Noel-

I'm sure it's on a CD somewhere. I can ask around and see if anyone knows a specific CD.
Maybe someone else reading this would know too?

*L

Anonymous said...

I use to sing this song in Sunday school at Berean Bible church when I was a little kid and I love it