Thursday, September 21, 2006

Letters and guidance

Today I came home from a long day of classes to a very sweet surprise! My birthday card from my grandmother was sitting outside my door. I love getting mail (but not bills!). So much of my communication is done in e-mail now, so getting a letter in the mail is always such a great surprise. Even better was the surprise inside (a cheque way over my usual birthday amount) enough to cover a month’s rent! It may not seem like a huge amount, but for a student it’s an enormous relief. Remember all my job and money worries? This goes a long way in helping! Thank you Nanny and thank you Lord for providing.
Even better though was the letter that my grandmother had enclosed. We’ve always been close, and she’s been a significant influence on my life and my walk with the Lord. I’ve told her all about the problems I’ve been having lately. Here’s a section from the letter:

“…by the time you receive my letter these problems may be straightened out; I hope so! Never mind, I am a strong believer that God allows these disappointments for our good. Think of Joseph who was sold to the Midianete traders and who afterwards could say to his brother ‘You meant it for evil but God meant it for good’. Not only that occasion, but later Joseph was innocently accused of wrongdoing and thrown in jail, however this too worked for his good. So don’t be downhearted or discouraged, things will eventually turn out for the best”.

I really realize how blessed I am to have someone like my grandmother here to guide me. I’m lucky too that the Lord is always here to guide me. The Bible says in the first part of Isaiah 58:11 that “The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame”.

Love In Christ;

*L

5 comments:

Terry said...

Hello Lauren-Mary...Hope you are having a blessed Lord's Day.
I am just in between meetings. Just came in form morning meeting and now have to pick up a car full of kids for Sunday School.Just thought I would check on you!
Have a great week!! Love Terry

Terry said...

Dear Lauren-mary...David Fisher is a little under the weather.
Why not pop by and say hi to him?
As for you..You have a good week, eh?...Love Terry

Terry said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Terry said...

Dear Lauren-mary..sent the same comment twice! Sorry about that!!...Love Terry

Lauren-Mary said...

Hi Terry-

I'm on my way over right now!

*L