Sunday, September 03, 2006

Lost, but now am found

I'm back at school now! I've spent the past few days packing and moving back, so with a computer all packed up and no Internet access, I had no way of posting! I actually really missed it.
Friday was my designated "errand day". Between a trip to Tim Hortons, a haircut, seeing some friends, buying last minute things and having a big dinner with my family, I realized that at some point I'd lost one of my earrings. It wasn't a very valuable one, but I'd had the pair for so long that they had some sentimental value. I'm assuming I lost it when I was getting my hair cut, but so far nothing has turned up. I was sad about losing my earring, but I couldn't help but think of the song Amazing Grace. More specifically, " Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,That saved a wretch like me....I once was lost but now am found,Was blind, but now, I see". Instead of focusing on a lost earring, I should have been focusing and remembering that our Lord will always find us, no matter how lost we are! (I still hope the earring shows up though!).
I usually make "new school year" resolutions, as opposed to New Year's resolutions, and so today when I unpacked my Bible I went through to find some verses to help me out throughout the year and this year's resolutions, and I found this one:

The Lord rewards every man for his righteousness and faithfulness.
- 1 Samuel 26:33

It's been a hectic last few days, so I'm going to get to bed early and rest up for a big day of unpacking and organizing.
It's so reassuring to know that the Lord will always be there, and He will reward our faithfulness!

God bless;

*L

1 comment:

Terry said...

Hey don't lose your faith Lauren-Mary.Remember in Luke there was not only a sheep and a son lost but there was a gold coin too!!Now that coin couldn't do anything to find itself but the lady sure did find it!!..Love Terry