Monday, September 04, 2006

Jobs and Jeremiah 29:11

I've alternated between praying and repeating Jeremiah 29:11 to myself all day. After a busy morning of organizing my apartment, I chatted to some people from the club I coached for last year. Apparently lower enrolment has made them considering downsizing, which leaves me with no job. Needless to say, this has been worrying me ever since I found out. I loved my coaching job, so I would be devastated if I didn't have it anymore. Plus, as a student...the income is much needed. I've been praying and praying and trusting in the Lord that this will work out. I know the Lord will watch over me and provide, but I know I'm going to worry until I find out the final decision.
That bad news totally overshadowed the rest of the fun I've been having. It's been really great to see everyone at school again. One more day until school though! My plans for my last day of freedom include...cleaning the bathroom, last minute changes to my class schedule, desperately trying to get ahold of my boss to see if I still have a boss, and (hopefully not) looking for a new job. Exciting day! I'm meeting my friend Val for coffee, so I have that to look forward to!
Sigh- just when I thought I had it all under control, I realize I'm nowhere near organized. "For I know the plans I have for you...."; what a reassurance!!

After lunch today I took some time out of my day to continue my readings, and I found one of my old favourites:

With man, this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.
- Matthew 19:26

Love In Christ-

*L

1 comment:

Terry said...

Dear Lauren-Mary...I have been thinking about you and your job situation.
I am hoping that it will work out for you..
I haven't been able to write because I have been visiting my brother and his wife who are down from Iowa.
It has been a year since we saw him.
We have a large family and for most of our years we all lived in the same town but now that the factory closed down where my bother worked, he and his family moved to Iowa and that is so far away!
It was nice tonight seeing my brother at the weekly Bible reading. He is 55 years old but I still consider him my little brother!

Hope you enjoyed your first day of school!!
That was ALWAYS my favorite part of school..the first week and the LAST day!! Ha!!
When we lived in Manitoba, I used to think of the poor kids in Ontario who had to go to grade 13. Then part way through my grade 12, my dad and our family were transferred to Ottawa and guess who had to go an extra year of school?
Do you get the idea i didn't like school Lauren-Mary.
I wasn't too swift.
I had to study for every mark I got!!
Except for English and Literature. Those two subjects I couldn't get enough of.
Just loved them!!
Although the way that I am putting sentences together tonight sure doesn't attest to the fact!!
I guess I am just writing as I am thinking!!!

Well I must mosey on and read your other posting.

Take care and study hard!!! Love Terry