Thursday, September 07, 2006

Answered prayers and camping!

What an interesting day! God really does answer prayer. I went out for dinner last night with some friends and noticed that the restaurant (which is only a 10 minute walk from my house) is hiring. Then, when I went to buy a paper today, I noticed that the convenience store (on the same street I live on!) is hiring as well. Then, after class today, I picked up the student newspaper and noticed that they are hiring too! Three jobs, two within walking distance and one on campus! On Monday I'm going to sit down and apply for all three, so until then I'll be praying like crazy. I'm the most excited about the newspaper one because I'm thinking of going into journalism, so not only would it be a source of income, but an amazing experience as well!
The reason I'm waiting until Monday is because this week-end I'm going camping! It's was a last minute idea by one of my friends, and it should be fun, weather-permitting (it's supposed to rain!). I'm looking forward to camping because it hopefully will be a nice mini-vacation before school gets really busy.

In the past few days I have really seen God at work in my life, answering my prayers, so I have chosen this verse as the verse of the day:

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who ask receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
-Matthew 7:7-8

In His Love;

*L

1 comment:

Terry said...

How nice Lauren-Mary!!
I hope that you get the best job!!'

If you were a waitress maybe you would get lots of tips too!!

Have a safe and happy camping trip. The weather is suppose to be sunny!!..Love Terry