Sunday, January 28, 2007

1 Peter 5:7

What a week-end! As exhausted as I am from running all over the place, I feel so invigorated! It sounds crazy, I know, but I had the most productive week-end in a really long time. (Sadly, not work-wise...as I type this my to-do list is staring me in the face).
Reading back over my old posts, it started to become apparent just how frustrated and discouraged I've been lately. I've been praying so much lately for God to help me out and lift me up, and He definitely helped me take my first steps back to "normal me" these past few days.
This week I was offered two great opportunities. I represented my graduating class at a Women In Sport conference and was asked to cover a local hockey tournament for a paper. Unfortunately, they both fell on the same days. With a little bit of planning and tweaking, I was able to do both and I'm so happy I did!
Being at the conference was such an experience. I've been to conference aimed at young adults, but this was my very first "adult" conference. I sat in a room with many of my professors (all of whom I have the upmost respect for) and many other accomplished women, and it was such a new feeling to actually be taken seriously and to be considered one of the group. I had to present on incorporating physical activity in to the "work-life" balance, and I was shaking right before I went up! I said a quick prayer, and I know the Lord was standing there with me. It was kind of awkward lecturing TO my professors (as opposed to the other way around!). Friday night after the first meeting there was a cocktail reception, and I had the chance to network and meet women in all different fields in sport, and I really feel as though doors have been opened for me. It was also the first time that there wasn't a power difference between myself and my professors. I'm lucky because most of my profs are open and incredibly approachable, but I don't think I would ever swing by their office to chat about our favourite TV shows or our plans for the spring break! We were able to talk on such an equal level, and it was a chance for them to get to know me outside of being a student. If nothing else, the entire experience was a much needed confidence boost!
I love how I really feel God is looking out for me and keeping me under His wings!

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
- 1 Peter 5:7

In His Love;
*L

3 comments:

Terry said...

Dear Lauren-mary...You are right.. He surely is looking out for you!
I love your verse.

You know we were told once that it takes a mighty effort on our part to just CAST those burdens on to the Lord!! I guess we have to be REALLY determined to do so!
Just as before we were saved we had to strive to enter into the door with all of our heart.
If we don't reaaly want to then how can the Lord help, eh?

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
I alwasy enjoy your nice kind remarks Lauren-mary....Love Terry

PS..Any new pictures latly of Jack and the Beanstalk?
Too bad nobody snapped a picture of him climbing up the Christmas tree. Maybe he wanted to be the angel at the top of the tree...I don't THINK so Lucky Jack..You might be you mama's star but you are NO angel!

Hmm. Have you ever read the story about Zacheous out loud Lauren-Mary,because you very well know that wherever YOU are, your "shadow" is close by!!...Just wondering that's all..

Noel said...

Lauren.
You rock, girl.
I love your unwavering spirit. You will make somebody a fine someone someday. Keep your eyes focused on the Lord always.

Lauren-Mary said...

Thanks Noel :)

Terry- I've been snapping away, taking lots of pictures of Jack. I'll upload them and get them posted soon (he just gets cuter and cuter every day!). He's definitely no angel, but I love him anyways!
I read the story about Zacheous a long time ago, so I've written it down on my list of stories to get to!