Monday, January 15, 2007

Yet another prayer request!

Over the week-end, I received an interesting e-mail from my friend Jordan. We met in my first year of university, and we're not close friends, but we get together for coffee or to play squash sometimes. He's very adamant on his stand that God does not exist, and he knows my stand and that I'm a Christian. We respect each others stands, and the topic of religion doesn't usually come up. I've been praying for Jordan, of course, and lately every once in a while he'll ask a question. I'll answer it and he'll think it over, and usually that's the last I'll hear about it.
The e-mail that he sent me was a list that is circulating around the Internet. Some guy has written a list of 150 points that he feels disprove Christianity and the Bible. Jordan forwarded the list to me, with note saying that he'd read the list and was wondering if I would go over it and then discuss it with him. I was shocked, not only at the list, but at Jordan's openness to talk about it. I've only had the chance to read a few of the points, most of which are either uniformed or are taking a verse out of context.

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
-Colossians 3:16-17

So, pray for me and pray for Jordan in the upcoming weeks!

Love In Him;

*L

6 comments:

dRaGoNfLy WiNgS said...

Lord, bless Lauren as she shares with Jordan. Let it not be a debate of facts but that the words of her mouth will be from the conviction of her heart.

Give her grace and that through this conversation (and many more), salvation will come upon Jordan.

Amen!

dRaGoNfLy WiNgS said...

Lord, bless Lauren as she shares with Jordan. Let it not be a debate of facts but that the words of her mouth will be from the conviction of her heart.

Give her grace and that through this conversation (and many more), salvation will come upon Jordan.

Amen!

dRaGoNfLy WiNgS said...

Lord, bless Lauren as she shares with Jordan. Let it not be a debate of facts but that the words of her mouth will be from the conviction of her heart.

Give her grace and that through this conversation (and many more), salvation will come upon Jordan.

Amen!

dRaGoNfLy WiNgS said...

Oh no.. so sorry Lauren. The computer hanged & showed error while i was posting the comment. Only saw that it's repeated after i re-logged in.

Please feel free to delete the duplicate comments.

Have a blessed week!

Noel said...

Lauren, wow. I'm so sorry...
I didn't know they still played squash in certain parts of the world. Hope you beat him mercilessly. :)

Oh, and about the other thing...
"Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men." Matthew 16:23

Terry said...

Good morning Lauren-mary...Just popping by to wish you a joyful and peacful Lord's Day.

Let the Lord be your guide in everything..He will defend you always...He, Himself needs no defending.....Love Terry