Tuesday, January 23, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY SIS!!!

Today is my younger sister's birthday. She's turning 18, and it's so hard to believe my baby sister is that old!! We were talking on the phone today and she remarked that is just seems like yesterday we were biking around the neighbourhood, and now she's legally an adult and I'm in my twenties!
This is the most recent picture of my sister and I that I have with me. This is us at our grandparent's house after church in the spring of 2005:
And here we are growing up:

...getting ready to go biking: (you've got to love the fashion of the early 90's!)

...first day of kindergarten for me:
...until I was 13, I had a VERY pink room! My sister and I used to read together at night in my room:
... we were both flowergirls at a friend of the family's wedding:
... I still have that brown bear! (and I'm pretty sure my sister still has her white one!)

No one ever believes that we are sisters. We're often asked if one of us is adopted- I think it's the hair colour that throws everyone. The complete polar opposite hair colour may be the most obvious difference, but there are many more. In fact, I completely understand why people are shocked when they find out we're sisters. My sister is loud, bubbly, and one hundred percent a CITY GIRL whereas I am shy, quiet and a country girl. In fact, since our family only has one car and I worked longer hours, my sister would usually drop me off and pick me up at work at the barn. She flat out REFUSED to even get out of the car because of the mud, hay and horse smell. Her dream car is a red convertible; mine's a dark blue Ford F150 truck. I'm never seen without a book in my hand; she would die without her cell phone.

Isn't it incredible that God creates so many people, with so many different personalities, interests and appearances, and He loves us all?!? He loves and treasures each one of us.

In His love-

*L


3 comments:

Terry said...

Oh Lauren-mary...You two are just adorable!

In the first picture you DO look alike but in the following ones you are right..You don't like like sisters..

Wish your "baby" sister a very Happy Birthday from your favorite blog buddy...No NOT David Fisher....Terry!! ..Ha!!

Noel said...

Happy birthday to your sister.
---hey, at least she's not taller than you... :)

Terry said...

Dear Lauren-mary...David wants us to pray for him as he has been ill for a few days.Love Terry