Friday, December 22, 2006

Two Envelopes

I love to get mail. Well, not all mail- the bills I can live without. Thursday morning when I went to check my mail, I found two envelopes. One contained a cheque from a bursary I had applied for a long time ago (sometime in the summer I think) that I had completely forgotten about. It wasn’t a lot of money, but it will definitely help replace the dent in my account from all the application expenses. I’ve been praying a lot of my finances, and the Lord answered my prayers!
The second enveloped contained my invitation the annual Christmas party that all of the “barn girls” have every year. I’ve grown up with these girls; I’ve known most of them since I was six years old. There are about twenty of us (yes, twenty!), and we all hung out at the barn as kids, and now that we’re older, most of us work there as a part time job. With university, marriage and jobs, a lot of us have left, but we all still stay in touch. We usually get together in smaller groups, because it’s so hard to always organize get-togethers when there’s so many of us. However, every Christmas for as long as I can remember, we’ve all gotten together. It’s the one time every year that we’re all at the same place at the same time (except for horse shows or sometimes on week-ends at the barn), and it’s always one of my favourite things to do at Christmas. I’m so excited; I’ve missed all those girls so much! Someone will always pull out pictures from our younger days (always good for a laugh or two!), plus there’s nothing better than being surrounded by your best friends, especially at Christmas time.

God is great!

~Merry Christmas~

In His Love;

*L

3 comments:

Terry said...

Have as good Christmas Lauren-Mary and a good time with your friends but don't forget your dear friends here in blog land either, eh? David Fisher, Saija, Noel Lewis, Susan Walker. Laura-Mae and me and a few anons, eh? Ha!!...Love Terry

I think I have probalbly missed a few but you know who they are!

Merry Christmas Jack!!!You better be a good kitty while your mama's away.

Lauren-Mary said...

Hi Terry- don't worry, I won't forget!
Poor little Jack; I miss him already! Last I heard he was climbing the Christmas tree. He doesn't always behave, but I still love him!

Terry said...

Hey what's that Jack trying to pull off?
Is he changing his name from Jack the Lucky to Jack and the Beanstalk? ..hee hee