Monday, December 18, 2006

One more week!!

I can’t believe how quickly December is flying by! I was shocked (and slightly embarrassed!) when I checked my last post and realized it was almost a week ago.
My exam last Wednesday went really well. It was the exam I was the most worried about, so it was a major relief to have it done. Since I had such a long break between exams, I studied all day Thursday and Friday, and took some time off this past week-end to hang out with my friend Jaimie. We used to swim together and lived together in residence in first year, but we really haven’t hung out a lot lately.
In our first year, the big trend (and our unofficial floor theme) was to collect lists. We had all kinds of lists: “what they never told you about university”, “you know you’re a student when…”, “signs you’re Canadian”, “you know you were born in the 80’s when…” and so on. Jaimie collected them all at the end of the year, and we were going over them and choosing all the ones that applied to us. It was so funny how our lives can be made in to lists that apply to so many other people.
If someone made a list “Signs you’re a Christian”, I wonder how many I’d be able to tick off. What qualities would be on the list? If someone else were to look at the list and think of you, what qualities would they chose for you? Just something to think about in the upcoming week.

Hope everyone has finished their Christmas shopping. I haven’t, and I’m already dreading hitting the mall to finish it up. Can you believe we celebrate the birth of our Lord in one week!?!

Jesus answered, “I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me”.
- John 14:6

~Merry Christmas~

*L

3 comments:

Saija said...

YAY for the countdown! ... and i know what you mean about December flying by ... with God moving along quite speedily in finding this condo for us, why it's been a flurry of boxes!

blessings on your Christmas ... may you experience the sweetness of our Jesus!

Terry said...

Dear Lauren-mary...So nice to see you at the blog house warming party for Saija!
It sure was a miracle the way the Lord worked it all out for her and Leo to be livng in a new home by this Christmas...

You are right about that list, "Signs you're a Christian".
One time one of the preachers was telling about a young man who had just got saved and he had to go right away for a few weeks to a lumber logging camp to work. You know how rough THOSE fellows can be! Well when he got back home, the preacher asked him, "Well did they see that you were a Christian?"
To the man's amazement, the boy answered. "They didn't suspect a thing!!" Hmmm...Lauren-mary, I think there would be a big question mark over that boys' head, eh?

Well, do well on the rest of your exams and I will be thinking about you when you get to that beautiful city of Ottawa at Christmas time.
Two of Prime Minister Trudeau's sons were born Christmas day at the Ottawa Civic Hospital, different years that is!!
One of these days I am going to tell you a true story about Michal Trudeau. Did you know that he was a born again Christian before he lost his life in a tragic way?

I am talikng too much as usual, so I will just say good night for now..God bless you Lauren-mary....Love Terry

susanwalkergirl said...

Dear Lauren,

I discovered you via David Fisher's blog. I look forward to learning more about you...traveling with you via your blog on your adventures through the university.

Stay strong in the Lord Jesus Christ...our Hope, our Peace, our Redeemer.

Lord bless...Merry Christmas.

Susan