Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Exam Fever

Usually the vibe at the library is very amicable, but all sense of decency goes out the window December 1, when the dreaded “Exam Fever” hits. The popular saying “all’s fair in love and war” should be altered to say “all’s fair in love, war and exams”. You snooze, you lose- the best tables, books and computers are taken at early hours that most university students haven’t been awake for since high school. Luckily for me, having my own apartment means I always have a quiet place to study during exams, so I haven’t had to endure the madness since I lived on campus in first year. Unfortunately, I needed to look up some research papers not available in the online catalogue, so I had to brave the madness this morning. Just as I nabbed the one last reference computer, some guy walked in who apparently was there for the same reason I was. Out of all the people using the reference computers, he chose me to hover behind. I can’t stand people who hover and constantly read over your shoulder- it drives me up the wall! It actually makes it harder for me to work because I keep focusing on how annoying it is someone is reading over my shoulder that I can’t focus on my work. Poor guy, his tactics were backfiring!
On the walk back home, I was still steaming over “Hovering Boy” when I realized that sometimes someone always looking over your shoulder isn’t a bad thing. God is always looking over us, keeping us safe and in His loving arms. Now THAT is something that doesn’t annoy me!

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- Isaiah 41:10

I have an exam tomorrow afternoon, so keep me in your prayers!

In His Loving Arms-

*L

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren-Mary:

I still have "exam fever" nightmares 43 years after leaving school. I know what you're experiencing and I'm praying for you!

Be strong and courageous...in Him!

David

Terry said...

Hello Lauren-Mary...I saw today at church that our college kids are home fom London for the Christmas break. I haven't heard if you are off or not but if you are going any time soon I want to wish you a very Merry Christmas and if you are in Ottawa give that city my love!!
I hope that you did well on your exams!..Love Terry

Lauren-Mary said...

Thanks for the prayers David!

Terry- I'm not one of the students lucky enough to be one of the students who are done exams. I write my last one Thursday night, and I head home to Ottawa on Friday. (I'll be sure to pass on your love! Ottawa is always so beautiful at Christmas time!).