Thursday, November 16, 2006

E.E. Cummings has it right!

I'm taking a class called "Gerontology and Exercise", and today's lab portion was done in the pool. We'd just finished a project about class and exercise planning, so we were putting our skills to use by trying out our aquatic program. The class is mostly comprised of girls, and every single girl, except for two, showed up in (I kid you not) scimpy bikinis. The only to who didn't ? Mal and I; the two Christian girls in the group. It was like a game of "spot the Christian". It was an exercise class!!! What were they thinking?!?!
Sorry if this sounds whiny, but lately I've been really frustrated. I've actually been taking a lot of criticism this week about taking a stand, or being a "good girl", and it's just starting to wear on me.
I've got a stack of reading to get to, so I've unfortunately got to cut this short. PRAY for me, because this has been a trying week!

"To be nobody but yourself- in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else- means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting".
- E.E. Cummings

We are so lucky to have to Lord on our side in this fight!

Love In Christ;

*L

1 comment:

Terry said...

You ARE a good girl Lauren-mary and don't you forget it.
The others don't know it but you are a princess in the Lord's eyes, one of his own dear ones.And since Mal is a Chrisitan SHE is a princess too!!...Love Terry

Glad that you are back!! I miss your good posts!

You are on the winning, side!

"For them that honor me. I will honor..1 Samuel 2:30