Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Application anxiety

So, it's official: if I ever hear the word "application"again, I'm going to be sick! Journalism applications, teacher's college applications, internship applications...and when it couldn't get any worse, I had a meeting with my academic advisor yesterday, and guess what she gave me? My application to graduate! AH!!
I guess when it rains, it pours, because this week is insane. Essays due, applications times a million (a hyperbole here and there never hurt anyone!), labs due, a looming deadline at the paper, and one of my friends is going through a really rough time right now, so I'm trying to make time for her too.
So...please pray for me!! I'll pull myself away from applications in a day or two to actually write a better entry! I have to say one thing- I don't know what I'd do without the power of prayer, because I've been praying like crazy lately!

Love In Christ-

*L

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren-Mary:

I know exactly how you feel so I won't use the "A" word in my note of encouragement. I'm home again today after being hospitalized yesterday for a yet-to-be-determined situation. Be assured of my prayers as you face deadlines, my friend. Yes, prayer is powerful!

Be encouraged today! Stand tall. You are more than a congueror through Him who loves you!

In His grace,

David/Pilgrim Scribblings

Terry said...

Sigh!!!
Hey little girl when you look back on this believe it or not it will be one of the happiest times of your life!
It doesn't seem so now but I think it is just so nice.
Your life lies before you, a fresh new beginning..a life, I know that you are determined to live for your Lord.
As I look back on mine,I just wonder how much I really HAVE given to the Lord..not MUCH...I am ashamed to say!
Don't let anythnig stop you Lauren-mary
Listen to your friend, David Fisher's advise.
He is right.
Heed to one of your favorite Bible chapters in the Bible,
Ephesians 6.
I am thinking of THIS verse in particular.
Verse 13..."Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God,that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day,and having done all, to STAND
Have a good day Lauren-mary and a nice weekend

Give that little Jack a hug for me!...Love Terry