Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Imagine

John Lennon once asked the world to imagine if there was no Heaven. While Lennon believes that this is easy to do, it’s an image I’d rather not think of. As Christians, we know that Heaven exists, and I believe that I am going to Heaven because of God’s grace.
Grace is defined in my Bible’s dictionary as “Unmerited favour, unearned benefit, undeserved kindness. God’s amazing gift of forgiveness of sin and power to live with dignity in the present and hope for the future”. The concept of grace shows up many times in the Bible. One of the first verses I had to memorize in Sunday School was Ephesians 2: 8-9: “For it is by grace you have been saved through faith- and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast”.
I’m thankful every day for God’s grace, but every once in a while I’ll really stop to think about it, and the idea of His forgiveness and grace is always overwhelms me. When I think of how many times I have sinned against Him, doubted Him, turned my back on Him …talk about an unmerited favour and an undeserved kindness!

And if by grace, then it is no longer by works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.
- Romans 11:6

Later on in the song “Imagine”, John Lennon sings about all the people living for today. I’m all for seizing opportunities, taking chances and living each day as if it’s our last, but I much prefer to live life for my FOREVER with my Lord Jesus Christ, so that one day I can stand before Him and be proud of the life I’ve lived for Him.
We don’t need to imagine a world with a Heaven, because we already have one. I hope to see you all there!

The law was added so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more, so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- Romans 5:20-21

Saved By His Grace-

*L

5 comments:

dRaGoNfLy WiNgS said...

Someone once told me 'grace' meant God's Redemption At Christ's Expense.

How great is our God!!!

Have a blessed week! :D

Terry said...

You are right about the grace of God, Lauren-mary.
I love the words you used here, "Unmerited favour".
If we had our just desserts we would surely be in Hell but because of His grace we are saved!

"Why was I made to hear thy voice, and enter while there's room,
When thousands make a wretched choice, and rather starve than come?

'Twas the same love that spread the feast, that sweetly drew us in,
Else we had still refused to come, and perished in our sin.

You are SO right Lauren-mary

Romans 3:24..."Being justified FREELY by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus."

Such a great post Lauren-mary our graduate Pigrim pal...Love Terry

Anonymous said...

Dear Lauren-Mary,
We went to Ottawa on Sunday!!! We saw 140 Sens flags (yes we counted and even got my mom and dad to help us with our flag spotting.) We visited Parliment and the War Musium, the latter being my favorit. And we saw the University of Ottawa!! I thought of you when I saw it. Across from it is a big Sens poster, What's it for? Do you know? Oh and we saw 4 Sens t-shirts 3 of them said Fisher on the back! The other was Heatley.

Hey you didn't tell us it was race weekend!! We couldn't cross Wellington to get to Parliment!!!
Bye for now!

Lauren-Mary said...

Gald to hear you enjoyed Ottawa, prayingsenfan! It's a beautiful city isn't it? I'm not surprised you counted that many flags...the city has gone play-off crazy! I have one of the shirts you were talking about, but I don't wear it because it's been autographed by a couple of players, and knowing my luck if I wore it I'd spill something on it!
Glad to hear you enjoyed the war museum...it's a great place to go! And sorry about not being able to cross Wellington... it seems as though there's always something happening, so I'm pretty used to road closures by now!

Dragonfly Wings..."God's Redemption At Christ's Expense" it's so great; I've never heard that before, thanks for sharing!

susanwalkergirl said...

Wonderful post Miss Lauren Mary! Such wisdom from one so young! Keep that eternal vision...eyes focused solely on Jesus.