Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Graduate!

Two exciting envelopes came in the mail today. My grad pictures were delivered, and along with it came my official notice that my application to graduate was allowed....with Honours!!
Thank you to everyone who sent their congratulations when I posted earlier in the month that I had graduated, and a BIG thank you as well for all the prayers that were sent my way!


So, what's next for me? I still don't know yet-aahh! I've been accepted into some programs, and I'm still waiting to hear back from other programs...and a few job advertisements have caught my eye, so I'm just crossing my fingers, praying hard and waiting for God to reveal His plan to prosper me and not harm me!

In a comment in an earlier post (see how far behind I've gotten!?), "Hebrews 11:1" asked me where I worked for the summer, and that reminded me that I never really said what I was doing this summer. I'm actually working two jobs this summer. I'm going to back to the youth centre in Bells Corners (between Kanata and Ottawa) that I worked at last summer and I'm also working at a barn. I've worked there for years, but when I left for university I had to limit my work to the summer, and then when I started working at the youth centre I only filled in the odd shift at the barn. But, I've missed my friends and I missed the horses, so when I couldn't decide what job to take, I took them both! So far, I'm loving having both jobs, but I'm definitely sleeping soundly every night!

In His Love-

*L


8 comments:

David Warren Fisher said...

WOW! CONGRATULATIONS, Lauren-Mary!
I'm so happy for you! I've posted your picture on my blog. Hope you don't mind. Did you check out my posts about little Elgin Fraser who passed away on the weekend?

Go Sens Go!

Pilgrim Pal
David

Terry said...

I just came from David's Lauren-mary!

I am so happy for you!
We have been waiting for this!
I must go and tell Laura-mae and Noel!!
Good for you!!...Love Terry, Pilgrim Pal

What a beautiful picture!!

Laura said...

Congrats!!! Being done school is an awesome and refreshing feeling!! I'll be praying for you this summer! Your picture is beautiful!

Take Care and enjoy your accomplishments!!

Laura

dRaGoNfLy WiNgS said...

CONGRATULATIONS Lauren-Mary!! You look gorgeous in the pix. :D

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I just came from the Pilgrim's.
So, you're going into journalism...I can say from my little bit of experince that it is so much fun. But you have something I lack...an education in the subject. Anyway, I don't write all that much...3 things in 3 years!
May God bless you in all you do.

Saija said...

you look absolutely lovely! :o) may God bless everything your hand reaches out to do ...

Noel said...

Congratulations Lauren.
This is a huge accomplishment and you did it. Not only have you graduated from this stage of life, but you've passed with flying colors. You've reached a milestone that very few of us can only admire from a distance. God bless you on your past, current, and future endeavors.
Noel

Lauren-Mary said...

Hi everyone-

THANK YOU for your congratulations and your prayers during this past year!! It was a very busy, stressful year, but also a very productive and exciting year. At times I felt ready just to pack it all in and call it a day, but with the Lord on our side everything is possible right!?!

Thanks again for the comments and for keeping me in your prayers :)