Friday, March 02, 2007

Heart, Soul and Mind

Finally, this week is over! And what a way for it to end- I woke up this morning, peered out the window and was greeted by the biggest snow storm this year. And, of course, I had to be at work by 7:30 am. Let me tell you, I was shaking my fist at Mother Nature!
This week has been so ridiculously insane. So much has happened, but right now I have a good book waiting for me (and it's not a textbook-woohoo!), a tea brewing and Jack is already curled up on a blanket on the couch, so I think I'll sit down this week-end and type more.
For now, though, I thought I would share two verses that have really stuck with me this week. I've tried to organize my daily devotions and readings in to a certain pattern, but sometimes the Lord has a funny way of slipping in a verse or two that I really needed to read or be reminded of!

But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not grow faint.
- Isaiah 40:31

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.
- Matthew 22:37

I remember memorizing Matthew 22:37 in Sunday School!

I hope everyone who is stuck in this storm stays safe!

In His Love;

*L

3 comments:

Terry said...

Hi Lauren-mary...Yeh..we got an ice storm too.
I was suppose to go to work today but being the coward I am, I phoned Miss Katy's and asked Betty if she would just stay the five hours there for me.
That gave HER car time enough to melt in the strong sun rays.
Katy's driveway is steep and it would have been like driving down an ice rink! Sometimes it is so bad and full of snow, I have often thought of packing a toboggan in my car , park my Cadillac at the top of the hill and just slide down into Katy's!!
I would probably end up in the stream though so I guess I better just refrain from doing that!

I have to go there tomorrow but I think that the ice would have melted by then...I hope!

Where were you going off to work Lauren-mary?

As usual, you have put a great verse in your posting.
Do you ever sing that song. "Majestic Sweetness>?
The last line of that hymn is so hard to sing with truth..
"Had I a thousand hearts to give.
Lord they should all be thine."
Sometimes I have trouble just givig him the one whole heart that I DO have, let alone even two or a thousand!!
It is nice to be reminded with verses like this Lauren-mary to remember that we SHOULD love Him with all of our heart and soul and mind!

Blessings on your weekend!..Love Terry

Saija said...

well you all stay safe! (you too terry!) ...

at the moment, we are blessed with an abundance of sunshine here in the prairies ... so i think i shall put my boots, and other winter paraphanalia (spelling?) on and go for a walk!

blessings on ya!

David Warren Fisher said...

Lauren-Mary:

Thanks so much for your prayerful support, dear friend. I'm having an unforgettable time. Please check out my sites and keep praying.

Lots of love,

David