Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Blessed Assurance

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.

This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Saviour all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Saviour all the day long.

Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels descending, bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Saviour am happy and blest;
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.

- Franny J. Crosby

6 comments:

Terry said...

Dear Lauren-mary...It is Thursday and I have been thinking of you singing this beautiful hymn now for two days.
It is so amazing, I have heard this hymn so many times and have sung it myself and just now as i was reading it again, I noticed for the first time this line
"Watching and waiting, LOOKING above.
How wnderful and yet so hard sometimes to be doing just that!...Love Terry

Noel said...

I see you've been absent from blogosphere as much as me. I'm sure Terry misses your posts. Hope everything is going well in your world. Come back soon!

Terry said...

Dear Lauren-mary.. I surely do miss you. I hope everything is alright with you these days...Love Terry

Is Jack OK?..

Bill said...

I love that song! I love those lyrics and I love that you posted it. Thank you.

Terry said...

Hi Lauren-mary. I hope you are well and happy. I miss you!...Love Terry

Anonymous said...

hiya and welcome followingjeremiah2911.blogspot.com owner discovered your website via search engine but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your website http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my site. Hope this helps :) They offer best services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com